Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Today we're celebrating our First Gotcha Day!

This is the only video we have of Lia and I first meeting. It's when our eyes first met.  We had a difficult time posting in China, so now on the 1 year anniversary, here it is.  Grab your tissues!

It was around 11:00 a.m. and Lia was waiting in the lobby of the hotel.She just had a 3 hour drive from the countryside to the city of Nanchang.  She was pretty tired.   As we walked into the hotel lobby, I watched Lia and the assistant come down a beautiful staircase.   Keith was suddenly very busy with the director, signing necessary paperwork.

Forget the formalities! Here's my Lia!!!! I went right to her.  So you'll see the assistant trying to avoid me...I can't even describe the feeling I had, but it was almost like my heart exploded... in pure joy.  It was a huge blessing beyond what I ever dreamed of.  I couldn't wait to hold her.

Look for Lia giving me the once over (or should I say the twice over)!


2 comments:

  1. Lia,

    Congratulations on your first Gotcha Day! Emily & Annie send their best to you on this most important milestone in your life.

    Fun traditions to mark this annual event include your choice of restaurant for a celebratory dinner out (pick someplace nice!). Setting a red balloon aloft with a message of hope & good wishes to your birth parents is also a nice thing to do. But hey, it's your day, so pick something fun & memorable!

    Love,

    The Herschbein Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember it like it was yesterday!

    WOW! The year went by so fast. It must seem like you have always had her. A DAY TO REMEMBER!

    L
    B

    ReplyDelete