Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Yin and Yang of Things...


"In Chinese philosophy, the concept of yin-yang (simplified Chinese阴阳traditional Chinese陰陽pinyinyīnyáng), which is often called "yin and yang", is used to describe how seemingly opposite or contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world; and, how they give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another. Many natural dualities (such as male and female, light and dark, high and low, hot and cold, water and fire, life and death, and so on) are thought of as physical manifestations of the yin-yang concept. The concept lies at the origins of many branches of classical Chinese science and philosophy, as well as being a primary guideline of traditional Chinese medicine,[1] and a central principle of different forms of Chinese martial arts and exercise, such as baguazhangtaijiquan (t'ai chi), and qigong (Chi Kung) and of I Ching.
Yin and yang are actually complementary, not opposing, forces, interacting to form a whole greater than either separate part; in effect, a dynamic system. Everything has both yin and yang aspects, (for instance shadow cannot exist without light). Either of the two major aspects may manifest more strongly in a particular object, depending on the criterion of the observation".  

-Wikipedia

OK, love the part about interconnected, not opposing but complementary...Here's what I always thought about Yin-Yang-------What would salt do without pepper?  What would hamburgers do without ketchup or hot dogs without mustard?  Or Abbott without Costello, or sunshine without rain?  How about chocolate covered pretzels?  I'm sure you could add to the list...I just never thought that it would also pertain to my daughters...

As we are learning more and more about Rosie, we see some really interesting things going on.  We just had corn on the cob tonight...those who know me know that I've been really into nutrition, so I've not been into corn on the cob for the past three years.  Hence, Lia hasn't had corn on the cob...But tonight we had wild salmon, corn on the cob and wild rice.  Lia delicately tried it out; Rosie bit into it! Then it was bathtime; as always, Lia endured her bath, Rosie savored it (She pours water on her head!).

But to recap my day....Today I had the most interesting morning.  I was so exhausted that I dragged myself to the sofa and rested for a while.  Rosie hung out with me, but she suddenly put her head back and hit my left eye area super hard.  It smart.  A few minutes later, Lia woke up and joined us on the sofa.

About 2 hours later, we were walking around the house, and somehow Rosie's shoe and my left pinky toe had a huge get together, and I ended up breaking my pinkie toe.  The pain has been unbearable!  So here I am with Lia who has been so delicate for almost 3 years of having her (!), and here's Rosie that has made my day very, very memorable!  My dear Kimberly came over to babysit, and I went out to go food shopping...it was my very first day out by myself,  with my black eye and broken pinky toe.  That kind of thing never happened with Lia!  Rosie sure is adding a lot of spice to our lives, making us realize what we have been missing!  (And I was thinking that "Ricky was in trouble", ha! God is definitely speaking to my heart and letting me know it's not about me anymore).

The girls both had to have medical tape and tape their toes up like I did...

And Rosie made a great exit for the night; she actually went potty for the first time, and then did not even whimper while going to sleep with can you believe it, pajamas on!  Rosie is sure of surprises...and is adding a lot of spice to our lives!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment