Friday, September 10, 2010

The Art of Being a Parent

  Wow! I thought Lia was going to be the only one learning!  As new parents, we have been learning so much every day...
This week my goal was to learn how to feed her neatly.  Every once in a while, I thought I was doing so well, and then her little hand would jerk suddenly, right into the spoon.  Then of course, she immediately had to put her hand on her forehead, and then start for the hair.  I always intercept before the hair.  So, when I think about it, it really is going quite well, because it hasn't ever ended up in her hair.  ...And I haven't ever had to give her a bath after eating.  The joys of a 10 month old!


Every night, Keith can mesmerize Lia into a deep sleep in 5 minutes.  I haven't had that happen yet.  When we have company, it becomes the crazy hour for me.  I try, and try...then Keith gets in there, and he comes out so quickly.  "She's not totally asleep, but she'll be out soon".  I don't get it.

Everyone has been asking, "How did Lia do on the 13 hour plane ride?".  I couldn't believe my eyes...he held her the whole entire trip.  She would fuss for a second, and Keith would readjust her little airplane pillow, she would give a sigh of relief, and then go back to sleep.  I knew better than to interrupt this routine.  It was incredible.  Me, on the other hand, spilt ice cold water in my seat at the beginning of the flight.  I figured I better just sit still and be content.  Sometimes you just need to count your blessings and not look any further.  I was happy to have a husband that helped out so much, and a beautiful little girl.  Keith is a baby whisperer I guess.

When our eyes meet, her face breaks into a smile...
We've been home for 2 weeks now.  Routines are definitely getting easier.  One of the best things is to be wakened up by Lia's coos.  We love to rush in to see her.  It's very funny to see the positions she wakes up in.  One morning, she had her foot between the slats, just relaxing.  


Here are some more photos for you to enjoy...

"Why am I sitting here?"

The Vanderbilt
"I don't need caffeine, but my mommy and daddy do every morning".


We took Lia to a Chinese Garden (Innisfree) to see the lotus blooming.  
Relaxing at Innisfree...

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad I checked your blog. The pictures are beautiful, all three of you. You can see how happy and content everyone is. Thank you God for so many things.
    Lia, you are so lucky to have such wonderful parents that LOVE you so so much. YOU are a blessing in their lives.
    L
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is too precious! The family photos are beautiful and I am so happy for all three of you :)
    -Kalin

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... sweet, sweet, sweet ...

    Linda & Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! And I bow to your expertise at feeding, Amy - I ALWAYS had to give Emily a bath after a meal at that age! I think she usually had more food in her hair and her eyebrows than she did in her stomach.

    ReplyDelete