Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Miracles are Everywhere

It all started when Lia was fussing about the sun in her eyes while strolling through the back streets of Guangzhou.  Rosie was fast asleep in her stroller.  This elderly lady approached us and suddenly covered Lia's eyes with an umbrella.  She walked with us for a few blocks and then we all stopped before crossing the street.  She noticed the bug bites on Lia's face and we communicated with our hands a mosquito, and a bite.  She totally got what we were expressing and told us with hand motions to wash her face later and put on this cream from her container.  She insisted that we take her little container.  I think it is tiger balm but I'm not sure.  It has no label on it.  It smells like ecyclaptis (sp).   I put kisses on my hand and gave them through the air to the elderly woman...

Didn't notice the bag when I met her, but check it out!  "Say yes, Hope", etc.

I told Lia, when I get old, I want to be just like that.  Kind to strangers, and with a giving heart.  What a beautiful person. And we watched her walk away.  She walked away smiling as she disappeared.  It reminds me of the verse, that sometimes we entertain angels unaware.  Truly an angel to us.
Then this afternoon, we were getting ready to meet our friends in the lobby that adopted a little girl. We were going to go out to dinner with them. They are 2 sisters, and just really wonderful.  So much fun to be around.  We had to be down in the lobby in 10 minutes.  And then it happened...Lia and Rosie started to hug each other.  I tried not to look so I wouldn't ruin the moment.  It went on for 5 minutes, and ended with them rolling on the floor, hysterical giggling.  We had to pry them apart!  As we put them in the strollers, we just looked at each other in shock.   As we were waiting for the elevator, Keith told me to take a seperate elevator because they were soooo wound! I decided to stick with them, and the girls calmed down rather quickly.
Dinner was a bit difficult. Lia hasn't been the usual eater that she is at home.  Rosie did OK.  The service was a bit slow, but we finally got out, and Lia looked totally exhausted.  She gets fussy when she is tired.  When we got home, we had to get the girls to sleep.  I went to take Rosie's shoes off, and she got hysterical.  I calmed her down and then tried with unzipping her dress to put on her pajamas.  I had to stop the transition since she was so very upset. This has been the norm; she usually clings to me, and won't let me undress her to put on pajamas.  (Bedtime has been very trying for me, since both girls want me to themselves).  For some reason, I started to sing Amazing Grace (remember the director playing Amazing Grace on the piano in the playroom?) and she immediately calmed down.  I just kept rocking her, and she was making simular tones at times, as if she was singing with me.  "I once was lost, but now I'm found" seemed very very relevant as she quickly fell asleep. 

Truly a day full of miracles. 

I wish I could show you the video of them rolling around on the floor, in pure bliss; you just wouldn't believe it.
BTW, I'm having a difficult time with videos on to the blog.  Any ideas are appreciated! Just comment below! :))))
And if  you've been praying for Lia and Rosie, God has very definitely answered your prayers! Maybe you prayed too hard...LOL, but thank you!  (An ah ha moment here---Wondering how hard my sister-in-law prayed, "the laughter is getting ready to break loose... in prayer for each of those needs..." See Rosie's Heart/Comment section).

Side notes;
  • Every morning we are surrounded by adoptive families eating breakfast.  It's totally fascinating to see the kids, and how they are all doing so well. 
  • This morning, we went to the Guangzhou Zoo and had a blast!  Tomorrow we have a 8:30 US Consulate appointment.  It's a red, white and blue day for us. We are slowly assimulating back  into American culture, as we are working toward getting Rosie's Visa.
  • A toddler that is learning to speak Chinese gets adopted by Americans?! This poor kid has been frustrated with expressing herself in Chinese (great comprehension though), and is also going through typical developmental stages of independence, assertiveness, testing, and dealing with a new sibling...so, it's been a bit trying at times here.  But we are starting to see big breakthroughs each day...
Happy Meals in China

Strollling down the sidewalk
Daddy's three tired girls
Grocery and department store close to hotel

6 comments:

  1. I can't imagine anyone who would do a better job of understanding and dealing with all those frustrations and developmental issues than you, Amy! Both of your girls hit the Mommy Jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's put it this way...words of encouragement are graciously accepted!

      Delete
  2. Trust in the Lord with all your hearts, friends!! I am crying while reading this knowing that Jesus is with you and feeling for you all as you navigate this crazy emotional ocean! This was my devotion today-
    (Psalm 23) Stay calmy conscious of Me today, no matter what. Nothing takes Me by surprise. I will help you cope with whatever the moment presents. Collaborating with Me brings blessings. Awareness of My Presence contains Joy that can endure all eventulities. - Sarah Young (paraphrased by me!)
    Love and prayers to you all!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the verse. Loved reading it...perfect.

      Delete
  3. Just like Tami, we've teared up, smiled and laughed our way through your blogging - Keith & Amy, you both love parenting and we're grateful to you for letting us in on your family experiences!
    Your story of bedtime & singing 'Amazing Grace' and remembering the director had played it on the piano was the tear-jerker! You have been given 2 wonderful daughters!
    Grandma Esther says "It's wonderful to hear about your life in China. We are looking forward to seeing you."
    Barb & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our experiences have been very emotional for sure. Just thankful that there was a foundation of peace (the song) that we can use. Beautiful to see. It's worked every time!
    God provides, doesn't He? Just building on layers here.

    ReplyDelete