Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bunnies, Bunnies and More Bunnies...

It all started when we painted LuLou's room. We had the paint store lady help us through picking a color, and then she said... "Oh, this is perfect. Why don't you paint the room with Marshmallow Bunny?". Nice color. Now why would Benjamin Moore name a pink color "Marshmallow Bunny" is beyond me. Keith got right to work, but then had a hard time painting that small room pink. I wondered if I was going to have to take over painting (not a good idea). After using a tinted primer, he felt sick. "It kind of reminds me of Peptol Bismol".   He did finish quickly (probably because he wanted to get out of that room fast), and the room ended up looking great.

Throughout the wait, we have seen so many bunnies in our backyard. They sometimes even run up the driveway alongside of us when we drive up.   The piece de resistance was when I saw the cutest baby bunny last week. I've tried to "catch" the bunny on my digital, but some things just can't be planned.

At my favorite grocery store, they have a basket next to the cash register loaded with handmade finger puppets. (BTW; this is a great toy to bring for "Gotcha Day"). Every time I've gone to the store, I've been watching for a puppet that would really click. Well, this week, in their new shipment, I did find a bunny holding a carrot! So on Monday, LuLou will be meeting us...and a little teeny tiny bunny fingerpuppet. Now I feel like we are officially ready.  The little things in life make me so happy...

So...tomorrow is the day that we will be leaving for China! We are beyond excited as we anticipate being in a foreign country and meeting LuLou!!!! Can't happen soon enough!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your e-mails, notes, calls and hugs.  It means a lot to us.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. We're so excited for all 3 of you! Thanks for sending me the blog address, Amy - I'll be following every word you post and wishing I could be in China again. BTW, I wish I had thought to take a picture of our FedEx delivery woman - we were becoming good friends by the time Annie's adoption was complete!

    Beth H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip!! So excited for you both--you will be returning with your daughter!! So anxious to hear how it all goes plus to see many many photos. Praying for you and the whole experience for you and that you and LuLou quickly bond as a family. She is blessed to have you as her parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good trip. Looking forward to being there with mom so she can see her new grand daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE DAY IS FINALLY HERE!

    I hope everyday will be a great one for the two of you, bringing you closer to meeting your daughter.

    I am looking forward to following your every move. GOOD LUCK, I HOPE YOUR PATH IS A SMOOTH ONE. GOD IS GOOD, WITH HIM IN YOUR LIFE ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete