Friday, August 20, 2010

Greetings from Guangzhou!

We had lunch with our guide and her boyfriend; it's great to eat with a guide since they can teach you a lot about the culture.  They gave me some lessons to improve my chopstick skills (there were absolutely no forks in sight, and I was very hungry)...Keith has it down very well.  Lia takes the restaurants in stride.  She's quite a little trooper. She gets a lot of attention, so it does help.  After the meal, we had to cross the street (the restaurant was opposite the hotel).  It's just still scarey to me.
Today we packed up to fly to Guangzhou, where we will be processing U.S. paperwork.  It was kind of heartbreaking to leave Nanchung since we developed nice friendships with the hotel staff. It also is a connection to Lia's home, so I was very sad to leave. 
We were in the Nanchung airport with a lot of other families. It was amazing to see all the little babies and see the excitement in all of our eyes!  The flight was interesting; Lia did pretty well with it.  Thank goodness babies are so tolerant, and so resilient.  After getting our suitcases, we met our guide and were told to be ready at 8:30 a.m. for Lia's medical exam. A van whisked us away to the hotel. 
P.S. On the flight, Lia started a new game with me.  This is how she does it; she looks at me and smiles, waiting for a reaction. Then I break into a smile and can't help but laugh.  She's done it over and over again throughout our travelling tonight, and before we put her to sleep.  She's so happy.  Keith and I are so grateful that she has bonded to both of us so easily.  We're hoping the new environment won't set her back too much...

5 comments:

  1. Lia may be is so happy because she has such a special Mommie and Daddy who she knows loves her SO much!!
    Babies are so cute also in how they start playing games and then their joy seeing what they can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The days are going fast probably not fast enough for you. But before you know it the three of you will be home sweet home. Betcha can't wait!!

    It seems like you are constantly busy moving from one place to another. I hope that you"re able to rest more then the beginning of your journey.

    Lia sounds like a real sweetheart and a good baby. I can't wait to meet her. She is so happy because she knows that this is it. The beginning of her beautiful life with the parents God gave her.

    L
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Amy and Keith! Welcome Lia!!! What a magnificent journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy and Keith---I never knew there was a blog---you holding out on me???? I am sitting here crying like a baby as I read the wonders of God's grace and goodness. I am so happy for you and Lia (BTW, I love her name----it suits her perfectly)
    What an experience you are having; one you will never forget......
    See ya soon
    Carol

    ReplyDelete