Sunday, August 15, 2010

Today is the day...

Keith here.... 
It is early Monday, 8/16 and we'll be leaving for the Beijing airport in a few hours. Amy is sleeping a little bit.  The bus picks us up at 5:30 a.m..  Our bags have already been picked up by the bell hop.  I'm excited, nervous, anxious and tired.  I can't believe today is the day Amy and I will be meeting little Lu Lou for the first time. This is what we have prayed for for a long time.  We expect to arrive in Nanchang late this morning. 
We had a busy Sunday... we attended an International English speaking church,  did some shopping which Amy enjoyed, climbed the Great Wall,  attended a Tea Ceremony at Dr. T's Tea House (of course there was some green tea there for Amy) and had a Chinese lunch and dinner.  The day was beautiful, hot but with nice clear blue skies.  We have enjoyed our time in Beijing!  
I've had trouble loading pictures, so I'll try once more.  This one is from our Saturday sight seeing at the Summer Palace. 
I've got to run and get some sleep  We're going to have a very exciting and busy day! ! ! ! !
Thank you all for your prayers! 

7 comments:

  1. I am waiting to exhale! Great that you got to see some of the sights. I will check again tonight to see where you are! Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is the day! You're on your way to meet Lu Lou - hold her in your arms! Praise God! I am so excited for you!

    Sue Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. The day that we have ALL been waiting for is finally here!! Keith and Amy, I can't imagine how you must feel. Have a safe trip and enjoy every minute that brings you closer to your daughter.

    L
    B

    THANK YOU GOD FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN...THEY SO DESERVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As we post, you guys are hours from meeting your precious daughter. We are rejoicing with you and all the fun and excitement that awaits you in the days ahead!

    Much love - Katherine & David

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim and I are cheering you on and waiting to hear more good news!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you're in Nanchang by now, and maybe even have your beautiful daughter FINALLY!! We're so looking forward to seeing pictures and finding out Lu Lou's American name. It's really happening!

    ReplyDelete